[birdky] Some new yard birds, no hummers

  • From: Katharine Cohen <kwcoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 23:01:26 -0400 (EDT)

Saw no hummers today. Two were still here yesterday (Oct. 17). Yesterday we
also had a little flock of Tennessee Warblers along with the first yellow-rumps
we've seen this fall.

Y-b Sapsucker and R-c Kinglet showed up today. Also today, in addition to the
usual yard birds, there was a large flock of redwings, a Brown Thrasher, a lone
robin, five Red-headed Woodpeckers (very noisy), one White-throated Sparrow,
three Song Sparrows, a few Cedar Waxwings, and a beautiful Osprey flying VERY
high. (I mention it because even though we live near a lake, we rarely see
Ospreys from our yard. Eagles are more often seen than Ospreys.)

Cheers,
Kathy Cohen (Panorama Shores, near Murray, Calloway Co.)
kwcoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx