[birdky] odd feeder problem

  • From: andrew melnykovych <estiles74@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 12:21:41 -0500

In the last couple of days, an aggressively territorial Northern
Mockingbird has set up shop in my yard and spends most of its day chasing
other birds from  my feeders. It will sit on one feeder until it sees birds
on the other, then will chase those away, and so forth. It seems
particularly aggrieved by Mourning Doves on the ground below the feeders.

On the up side, my seed consumption has slowed and the House Sparrows are
far less frequent. On the down side, so is everything else...

In need of a timely intervention by one of our local Coopers Hawks.

Andrew Melnykovych
Louisville