[birdky] birding to and from work

  • From: "Marsh, Scott" <SMarsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 08:32:49 -0500

I haven't done much birding this winter, outside to and from work and
watching the feeders in the evening, at the same time I am never not
birding. As I approached the intersection in front of Kroger on Richmond
I caught sight of a Red-tailed hawk moving low and hard parallel to me.
Its target was just shy of discount tires out of my sight. Upon its
arrival a Ring-billed Gull shot nearly straight up like a rocket and
gave a twist and tilt before circling above. The hawk lit on a light
pole. I was impressed with the speed of the gull. We have as large a
number of gulls about as I have seen.

Scott Marsh

Fayette co.