[birdky] bird report--first of the season

  • From: "joyce porter" <joycelporter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 10:03:37 -0500

Date of Sighting: 4-5-05

Eastern Kingbird

Short Creek/ NW Grayson Co

These  single-sighting bird reports are just happen-stance as I walk in the
yard or the immedate neighborhood thinking that it might establilsh a
spring-time record for this area of Ky.
What is a sight
record, is the presence of two large clusters of Honey Bees in my yard. .I
can view them out my kitchen window about 25 ft away. One cluster was
attached to the bottom of a wooden birdfeeder.
The other was and still is attached to a branch of a low growing spruce.
My potatoes are just showing
leaves above ground in the garden so I should hve good pollination if the
bees stick around.

Joyce Porter