[birdky] acadian flycatcher

  • From: "Lyneart" <lyneart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 06:53:28 -0500

I waded about a mile or so up Whippoorwill Creek Wednesday afternoon. Heard an
acadian flycatcher. Saw and heard a pileated woodpecker. Found a beaver dam
raising the creek level about 15 inches, plus a small elm tree cut so recently,
it had not wilted. Pretty sure I heard a beaver slap the water with its tail.
Many trees from the May 1-2 flood lay out in the creek. Probably five feet of
creek bank washed away over long stretch. Deep pot holes gouged out in some
gravel bars. Gelatinous egg masses in some pot holes. Battered blue plywood
sign hanging on sycamore tree stated - Old Union Baptist Church - Sunday School
10:30, Preaching services 11:30. I'm not sure where that is, except that it has
to be miles away from where I found the sign.
Frank Lyne frank@xxxxxxxxxxx near Dot in Logan County