[birdky] Whooping Crane near Cecilia

  • From: John Rice <hermit2337@xxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDKY Freelists <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2015 06:45:07 -0800

First spotted at about 1/4 mile being tail end charley in
a group of Sandhill Cranes.nSandhill size, all white except for  black wingtips.

Due to the circumstance of holding binoculars, camera,
one  foot out of vehicle, one foot inside vehicle, seat belt
wrapped around me ..... well..... you know there is no picture. :-)
Wish I had a picture of ME at that point ! :-)
My own rules; no picture no indisputable claim.

Second sighting was with binoculars a minute later 1 mile away, alone, heading
South.

John Rice
Princeton, KY