[birdky] Western Henderson Co.

  • From: Charles Crawford <cr4d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDKY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 23:19:33 -0500

I wandered all over western Henderson Co.

Water is still high everywhere but 268 (River) slough.
Therefore no good shorebird habitat.

Horseshoe Rd is extremely muddy in spots...I put the Jeep in 4-wheel
drive.

All dikes at the Sloughs WMA are now covered in weeds waist high. So I
stayed off them...just too wet and difficult to walk.

Looks like good shorebird habitat disappearing next to US41 at Ellis
Park. But I didn't stop on my way to Evansville.

I didn't hear any Periodical Cicadas today, I guess their time is over
for the year.

I did see 11 deer and 4 raccoons

No real highlights.

Western Henderson Co., Henderson, US-KY