[birdky] Went looking for Rustys, found something else

  • From: Sean Ward <sean.et.cetera@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDKY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 21:57:50 -0400

Was at Joe Creason Park in Louisville today and couldn't find any Rusty
Blackbirds, but I did find what I can only call two Brewer's Blackbirds
mixed in with some robins and starlings.  Watched them for as long as I
could while watching behavior and comparing them to what was there, but
they were pretty spot on with the Sibley guide presented me with.

While it isn't exactly nearby, with the way the fronts have been rolling
through the last month or so, at least I see there were some reported near
Evansville and Indy within the last month, so I can't be that far off the
mark.

Sean Ward
Louisville