[birdky] Waterfowl at Hayes-Kennedy / Garvin Brown Preserve - Louisville

  • From: "pbjoin" <pbjoin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 17:15:28 -0400

I'm a day late with this report, but we saw Green-winged Teal, Blue-winged
Teal, and Northern Shovelers at Hayes Kennedy Park yesterday, along with a
nice flotilla of Horned Grebes on the Ohio River seen from Garvin Brown
Preserve.  There were maybe 25 birds in the flock.it was fun to see so many
variations of plumage.  I posted a couple of pictures (just a subset of the
group) on the Flickr site.  Tree Swallows were on the nest boxes at the
preserve.