[birdky] Strange Swallows

  • From: "Joan Carr" <joan-of-art@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 19:23:45 -0400

Yesterday I observed two ROUGH-WINGED SWALLOWS trying to claim the
inside of a furniture store's storage area as a nesting site. The area
had a huge overhead door which was open and the birds flew in and out
numerous times. When they were not doing that, they were sitting on the
pavement in front of the door. The store is located in a rural area and
I couldn't understand why the birds would fly around me and other people
seemingly oblivious of their poor choice. The exterior of the building
was brick, but that didn't seem to appeal to them.

Strange!

Cheers, Joan Carr
Happy Valley
S. Williamson, KY (Pike Co.)