[birdky] Sloughs Fieldtrip 22 October 2005

  • From: David Roemer <dlroemer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bird ky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 05:59:10 -0700 (PDT)

The KOS/Beckham fieldtrip to the Sloughs WMA in
Henderson county will be held on Saturday, October 22
as scheduled.  We will meet at the second observation
tower at Hardy Slough at 0800 cdt.  Be sure to wear
clothes for marshing, and a dry change of socks and
pants is nice for the ride home...and don't forget to
bring lunch.  We will be walking mostly in damp
conditions with water ankle-deep or less, although an
occasional calf-deep ditch may be crossed.  You may
stay dry by walking the levees if you prefer but might
miss a few birds.  Directions follow:

From Pennyrile Parkway south at Henderson exit onto
hwy 425.  Follow 425 to straight through on 136.
Follow 136 to Geneva and take a right on 268.  Hardy
Slough is approximately four miles and the observation
towers are on the left.

See you there,

David L. Roemer
Bowling Green, Ky.