[birdky] Sloughs 4/10

  • From: Charles Crawford <ccrawford@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 22:14:05 -0500

I did the Sloughs again on Saturday. Covered Sauerheber, Grassy Pond,
Highland Creek units.

Both adult Eagles again near the nest and I managed to see both Eagle
chicks. Its easier to see the nest from the east side of the slough
rather than the west. But as the trees leaf out it will get harder to
see it through the slough.
Saw first Pectoral Sandpipers and first Yellow-throated warbler of the
season.
This is the earliest I have ever seen Great egrets. At Sauerheber there
were 4, and at Highland Creek 10.

Pied-blled grebe
Double-crested cormorants (at Grassy Pond)
Great blue heron
Great egrets
Canada goose
Mallard