[birdky] Raven Run

  • From: Mark Tower <markdt7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 16:34:25 -0400

Prairie warblers everywhere. No fewer than 20 birds scattered throughout the
park. Maybe an equal number of blue-gray gnatcatchers. By far the two most
common birds. No Henslow's sparrows yet up on the Orange trail. Noticed a
female turkey sitting motionless 15' or so from the path. She eyed us for a
minute or so before flushing. She had been sitting on a nest with 22 eggs in it!
In case anyone was wondering, yes, my family was with me. No sprinting was
necessary this time. We finally sprung for one of those hiking carriers for
toddlers…...Should have done that long ago.

Mark TowerLexington