[birdky] RPT: late birds Falls of the Ohio and Indiana Shore

  • From: michael autin <napkinarmstrong@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 23:50:45 -0400

I had the chance to bird the Indiana shore of the Ohio River on Thursday Oct.
25 and Saturday Oct. 27 and was really happy with what I found.  The highlight
was four well-studied fem./imm. Black Scoters above the dam at the Falls of the
Ohio. Other species:

Thursday Oct. 25 8:50 am-10:05 am

7 Horned Grebes
1 imm. Black-cr. Night-Heron
3 Wood Duck
50+Gadwall
1 Hooded Merganser
1 Peregrine Falcon
100+ coots
Golden-cr. Kinglet
1 Eastern Meadowlark sitting in small tree next to Red-wg. Blackbird below
first parking lot for Falls - odd locale
1 Tennesse Warbler
2 Vesper Sparrows- feeding on gravel below dam parking lot- first ever for this
location of birding there 12 years!
Saturday Oct. 27 9:40-11.05 am

1 American Black Duck
3-4 Blue-wg. Teal
still many coots- more than I've seen here in years
1 Solitary Vireo
1 Winter Wren
both kinglets
1 Gray Catbird - latest I've ever seen one but no state record
1 Orange-cr. Warbler
several Tenn. Warblers

1 Yellow-bl. Sapsucker at friend's yard in Fern Creek
Good Birding,Michael AutinLouisville, KY
Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook – together at last.  Get it
now.