[birdky] Invasion Information Link

  • From: "Bennett, Mark" <Mark.Bennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:57:12 -0500

October 30, 2007

Below is a link to invasion information sent to me by an acquaintance in
southern Illinois.

Here is a link to a forecast of fall finch (& boreal species) migration
by Ron Pittaway, Ontario Field Ornithologist, titled "GENERAL FINCH
FORECAST 2007-2008"

http://www.ofo.ca/2007-8winterfinchforecast.htm
<http://www.ofo.ca/2007-8winterfinchforecast.htm>

The forecast is for irruptive/eruptive boreal species to be making their
way south. Pine siskins have appeared at several locations throughout
so. IL including my house.

Another interesting item is in regard to pine nut harvest in the western
U.S. One online company that sells pine nuts states, "There will be no
Nevada, Utah or California Harvest in 2007. This year there are little
to no soft shelled pinyon nuts."

Rhonda Rothrock
Pomona, Illinois 62975
Newsletter Editor,
Southern Illinois Audubon Society

Mark Bennett
Director of Federal Programs (Title I, II, III, V), DAC, Bid Manager,
SBDM Coordinator, & Supervisor of Adult Education
2222 Bowling Green Road
Russellville, KY  42276

phone:  270.726.2436
fax:  270.726.8892