[birdky] RPT: Siskins - Elliott County

  • From: "Scott Freidhof" <sialia67@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 18:46:08 -0500

Sunday, Jan. 13, 2008: After seeing the siskin at my feeders yesterday
and today, I made a very brief stop at the Laurel Gorge Cultural
Heritage Center in Elliott County to check their feeders for siskins.
Sure enough, the first bird I noticed as I approached the feeders was a
siskin.  There was more than one but I did not get a count.  The siskins
called a few times to my delight.  The call of a siskin, like that of a
raven, always makes me feel like I'm in the middle of some remote
eastern mountain wilderness area, and that's a good place to be, even if
only in my imagination.

Scott Freidhof

Rowan County