[birdky] RPT: Meade County Peregrine Falcon

  • From: Del Striegel <ddstriegel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kentucky Listserv <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 23:20:14 -0400

Went boating on the Ohio River this afternoon with some friends. Observed one
adult peregrine falcon perched on the Brandenburg Bridge close to the KY shore.
Falcon was first spotted by my wife, perched on a concrete support pillar. We
boated from Leavenworth, IN to Brandenburg, KY. Six bald eagles were seen (4
adults and 2 sub-adults, 4 were perched on Indiana shoreline). I was hoping to
possibly locate nesting osprey in this stretch of river. The past two weeks I
have seen adult osprey on two occasions on Blue River and Ohio River in
Harrison-Crawford SF.

Matthew Welsh Bridge, Meade, Kentucky, US
Jun 10, 2015 7:00 PM - 7:15 PM
Protocol: Traveling by boat

Comments: observed an adult peregrine falcon perched on Brandenburg Bridge
1 species

Peregrine Falcon 1 (adult peregrine perched on Matthew Welsh Bridge, close
to KY shore

View this checklist online at