[birdky] Re: Camp Nelson

  • From: Gail Swanson <gailandjoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tina Nauman <tinanauman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 11:24:32 -0400

Tina,

I spoke to the land manager at Camp Nelson Park a month or so ago. He said
that they had a long term contract with a neighbor farmer. She (the farmer)
had no restrictions on when she mows the hay. I sent his name and contact
information to Kate Haydon. I've not heard anything nor been involved since.

I would suggest that we continue to monitor the situation. I sign the guest
register whenever I go to the park. It should prove helpful if we show our
interest in the grassland birds whenever we go there.
Perhaps ASK should volunteer to install some Kestrel & Barn Owl boxes.

Joe

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 11, 2015, at 10:38 AM, Tina Nauman <tinanauman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Joe,

Last year you spoke with people at Camp Nelson about mowing during nesting
season. Is there any chance you could do a follow-up call and get a contact
name and when the mowing lease it up?

Fish and Wildlife may be able to do a follow-up contact and see if a lease
could be written to include a non-mowing time.

Tina