[birdky] RPT: LTDU, Falls of the Ohio National Wildlife Conservation Area

  • From: Del Striegel <ddstriegel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 15:46:05 -0400

Thirty one Long-tailed Ducks were viewed from Ashland Park in middle of river,
very active, constantly diving. No gulls viewed from the Interpretive Center at
the Falls. Was hoping to see some Red-necked Grebes, no luck.

Falls of the Ohio National Wildlife Conservation Area, Jefferson, US-KY
Mar 16, 2014 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
Comments:     My high count on LTDU.  31 viewed from Ashland Park.
6 species

Canada Goose  4
Lesser Scaup  34
White-winged Scoter  3     (Viewed from Asland Park)
Long-tailed Duck  31     (My high count on LTDU, viewed from Ashland Park)
Common Goldeneye  6
Double-crested Cormorant  15

Del Striegel
Georgetown, IN