[birdky] RPT: Flemingsburg Reservoir

  • From: Brian Wulker <bdwulker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 15:58:37 -0400

Hi all,

Around noon today there was a Red-necked Grebe and 26 Greater White-fronted
Geese at the Flemingsburg Reservoir along the SR 32 bypass.  A few divers
lingered from last week, most of which were Lesser Scaup.  I am willing to
bet that the flock of GWFG is most of the group I've been seeing at Cave
Run Lake for the last two months... I haven't seen them there for the last
week or so and there can't be that many flocks that size flying around
northeast Kentucky...  The distance between these two locations is about 30
flight miles.

Complete list with photos on this eBird checklist:

Good birding,

Brian Wulker