[birdky] Re: RPT: Cuckoo Nest - Floyd Co

  • From: "Mark Monroe" <markmonroe1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 10:12:03 -0400

Although some brood parasitism does occur with North American cuckoos,
the norm for our Yellow-billed (Coccyzus americanus) is to build nests
and rear their own young. Brood parasitism is the norm in many old
world cuckoos however, most famous of which are the Common Cuckoo
(Cuculus canorus) and members of that genus.

Mark Monroe
Louisville, KY