[birdky] RPT: BBS Route, Shelby/Henry Co.

  • From: "Smith, Brian W (FW)" <BrianW.Smith@xxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 08:45:42 -0400

A little late, but I haven't had time to post this yet.  Results from my
father's day gift to myself--running a BBS route.

June 15, 2008: Shelby Co start, Henry Co end.  Notable absences from
previous years: bobolinks, carolina chickadees, and the 1 loggerhead
shrike I usually pick up somewhere along the way.

Canada Goose
Wood Duck
Wild Turkey
Northern Bobwhite
Great Blue Heron
Green Heron
Black Vulture
Turkey Vulture
Cooper's Hawk
American Kestrel
Killdeer
Rock Pigeon
Eurasian Collared-Dove
Mourning Dove
Black-billed Cuckoo
Yellow-billed Cuckoo
Eastern Screech-Owl (new species on route)
Great Horned Owl (new species on route)
Chimney Swift
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Belted Kingfisher
Red-headed Woodpecker
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Yellow-shafted Flicker
Eastern Wood-Pewee
Eastern Phoebe
Great Crested Flycatcher
Eastern Kingbird
Warbling Vireo
Red-eyed Vireo
Blue Jay
American Crow
Horned Lark
Purple Martin
Tree Swallow
Northern Rough-winged Swallow
Barn Swallow
Tufted Titmouse
White-breasted Nuthatch
Carolina Wren
House Wren
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Eastern Bluebird
American Robin
Gray Catbird
Northern Mockingbird
Brown Thrasher
European Starling
Cedar Waxwing
Prairie Warbler
Common Yellowthroat
Yellow-breasted Chat
Summer Tanager
Scarlet Tanager
Eastern Towhee
Chipping Sparrow
Field Sparrow
Savannah Sparrow
Grasshopper Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Northern Cardinal
Blue Grosbeak
Indigo Bunting
Dickcissel
Red-winged Blackbird
Eastern Meadowlark
Common Grackle
Brown-headed Cowbird
Orchard Oriole
Baltimore Oriole
House Finch
American Goldfinch
House Sparrow
Total Species:74

Brian W. Smith
Appalachian Mountains Joint Venture Coordinator
American Bird Conservancy
3761 Georgetown Road
Frankfort, KY  40601

Reply to: bsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx or brianw.smith@xxxxxx