[birdky] Photos of Merlin at Cox Park

  • From: Jim Moyer <moyerjd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDKY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ward Wilson <wardwilson@xxxxxx>, Duc Do <duc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2015 15:40:43 -0500

Andrew Melnykovych and Bill Pike dragged me around Jefferson Co. today,
speedily acquiring entries for their big list for Jefferson County.  The
highlight for me was seeing the merlin at Cox Park.  There was a group
already gathered there, around 11:30, which took the guesswork out the
process for us.  If you see 10 or more people with binoculars, one with
500mm Canon lens, you know you're on the trail.

Pictures -- not great -- are here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimmoyer/sets/72157648359509474/

The bonus shots are of a red-bellied woodpecker along Floyd's Fork creek.

--
Jim Moyer
Louisville, Kentucky USA