[birdky] Phoebe babies and insects

  • From: j arnold <alee04lacebark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 13:25:09 -0700 (PDT)

We had 5 phoebe babies on a rafter in our old barn on the 12th of this month,
when my husband last checked. At that time he saw some tiny, pinprick size,
bugs crawling on their mouths.
Today he found a dead baby in the nest. While he was checking to see if the
dead baby might possibly be alive, he got coved with these tiny insects. Then
he looked under our small tractor and found the other four birds.
The eggs were in the nest as of April 15th, but we are not sure when they
hatched.
Can anyone please explain this to us and tell us what we might do to prevent
this from happening in the future.
We are brokenhearted!
Thanks,Judy Arnold
North Shelby County