[birdky] Osprey Chick Arrives!!

  • From: Ed Ray <edrayosprey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 18:19:11 -0700 (PDT)

Today at about 11:30 am central time, our first osprey chick hatched at our
Lake Barkley KY live cam nest!!  Many watchers observed the hatching live.  If
you had to miss the actual hatching, excellent saved images are available at
http://keepky.org/  Check out the just hatched chick draped over an egg resting
from the hatching experience. New live images are available during daylight
hours when you refresh the image every 10-12 seconds. Two more eggs will
hopefully hatch this week. Note how the adults make a fist to keep their talons
away from the eggs and chick.

  Last nesting season henbit mints about six inches high were growing in the
nest blocking good views of the hatching. No mints this season so we are
receiving excellent close-up images for viewing.

  Ed Ray, Hopkins Co.