[birdky] More Jeeves behavoirial changes

  • From: Lyneart <lyneart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDKY Freelists <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 06:27:06 -0500

Yesterday afternoon as I was hitching a fertilizer buggy to my truck to return
it to Southern States, I heard an odd sparrow call. The interval between the
first and second notes was the same as that of a White-throated Sparrow, but
instead of dah....dee, de de de, de de de, it was just dah... dee... dee. Could
it be Jeeves?Should have taken time right then to look for it but didn't. No
similar song when I got back.
After I disked in the fertilizer spread earlier, there was some day
left, so I set up my scope by the open kitchen window to try for more shots.
Forty five minutes later I gave up without seeing Jeeves. Then, as I walked
through the living room on the way to download some Goldfinch and White-crowned
Sparrow pictures, there was Jeeves on the front porch. Never seen him there
before. He seemed right at home, first scratching in some sand, then hopping up
to inspect the snap dragons planted Tuesday, then on to the front porch bird
table. Did it take him this long to discover that table or does Corn Rock now
feel less safe with predator concealing weeds coming up around it? Am going to
tidy up around Corn Rock and see if that makes a difference.
Just saw him this morning on rock beneath side yard bird table.

Yesterday's through window glass pics of Jeeves on front porch here -
https://www.flickr.com/photos/123438032@N04/?
Frank Lyne
frank@xxxxxxxxxxx - near Dot in Logan County, KY

================NOTES TO SUBSCRIBERS=============
When posting on BIRDKY, please close posts with
your first and last name and your address (city or county).

To post on BIRDKY, send e-mail to:
birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Visit the KOS website at
http://www.birdky.org