[birdky] Loggerhead

  • From: "Mark & Tommie Gail Bennett" <benn5609@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 12:42:05 -0500

29 October 2005:

Today, my resident Loggerhead Shrike returned to its winter feeding
grounds, at least I hope this is it.  It was a delight to see this
beautiful bird chasing the yard bully, Mockingbird from tree to tree,
then eventually out of the yard altogether.  I assume it is home, rather
than just a different bird passing through as I have the species around
the neighborhood every winter and formerly all summer.  The last 2
summers, however, have been Shrikeless.

That concludes this report.

Mark Bennett
113 Iroquois Circle