[birdky] Re: LBL's Hummingbird Festival

  • From: "Millie" <kymillie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blubrds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "BirdKY listserv" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 19:41:42 -0400

We were privileged to have Bill Hilton as one of the "presenters" at a birding
Elderhostel we went to in West Virginia a couple of years ago. We watched as he
caught, banded, measured, weighed them and he gave some of us the opportunity
to hold one before it was released. I have some good photos if anyone is
interested. He asked during his "lecture" if anyone knew where the highest
concentration of hummers was in the Eastern U.S. He, of course, said LBL and
that he would be there at the hummingbird festival. So I guess he comes to LBL
every year.  After that, we did go down to LBL to see the many birds, but not
during the festival.

Millie Farmer
St. Matthews, KY