[birdky] KY Dam & area

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "HapC1@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 08:09:24 -0500

Joshua Powell and I spent a few hours enjoying gulls at KY Dam on Saturday.
 A beautiful 3rd cycle Thayer's gull was seen flying along the east side.
Several  Lesser black-backed gulls were also observed. The gates have been
shut so the  gulls are spread out along the lake making viewing more difficult.
At Crappie Hollow the Bald Eagles are sitting on their nest. Fourteen
Wilson Snipe were on the reemerging mud flat along with Bonaparte's  gulls and
Forster's Terns.
At Clarks' River NWR Environmental Education Area Melissa and I  enjoyed
seeing hundreds of ducks using the flooded corn area. Mallards,  Northern
Shovelers, Northern Pintail and Gadwall were all seen. Three American  Tree
Sparrows were in the grass area along with other sparrow species.
Hap
Murray, KY