[birdky] KY Dam

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "HapC1@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 18:59:53 -0500

Roads are finally clear enough to access KY Dam. I tried Saturday but  the
ice was a challenge even for my Subaru.
Gates were open today and gulls were actively feeding below the dam. Three
Lesser Black-backed gulls were observed along with 2 Adult Thayer's Gulls,
six  Bald Eagles, Pelicans and a few scattered ducks.
Many of the gulls are sitting on the rip rap above the dam. It is quite a
sight to see. Thousands of Ring- billed gull and Herring gulls galore.
I saw my first of the season Tree Swallow at Jonathan Creek bridge. Other
birds of interest were 3 Cackling geese on the ice at KY dam Marina.
Hap
Murray, KY