[birdky] Jeeves whereabouts less predictable

  • From: Lyneart <lyneart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDKY Freelists <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 16:33:40 -0600

Every day since last Monday's snow, I've seen Jeeves in the yard at some time
both morning and afternoon. Despite a continuing blackbird problem, I've
continued to put 1 coffee can per day of cracked corn at the old spots in the
morning, then replenish only the yard. Can't guard both spots. Have also been
bringing part of the uprooted rose bushes to the house to make extra cover
around the shrub Jeeves selected for a yard hang out spot. Did not have a lot
of time to spend today watching for Jeeves, but did not see him in the yard
after a half hour watch this morning + a 45 minute watch this afternoon. Then I
walked down the road to make an afternoon cattle check and spotted Jeeves in
the mulberry tree just down the road from the food rocks. Today must have been
the first day since the snow that the blackbirds haven't cleaned out the field
food. Now I can't decide whether to gradually cut back on the field food and
try to make Jeeves move to the house or go back to keeping food at both spots
all day. I want any further visitors to be able to see Jeeves, but I also want
Jeeves and as many of the other birds I've been feeding to pull through the
winter.
Frank Lyne
frank@xxxxxxxxxxx - near Dot in Logan County, KY

================NOTES TO SUBSCRIBERS=============
When posting on BIRDKY, please close posts with
your first and last name and your address (city or county).

To post on BIRDKY, send e-mail to:
birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Visit the KOS website at
http://www.birdky.org