[birdky] JOYOPUS WOOD THRUSH

  • From: "Joan Carr" <joan-of-art@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 10:40:29 -0400

Hi Birders,

Joyous return of the WOOD THRUSH this morning. I walked out on my upper deck
and listened, and there it was. What better life could be had: surrounded by
blooming REDBUD TREES, DOGWOOD, APPLE TREES,ET AL. Underneath the trees I
could see wildflowers blooming where they had migrated down from the edge of
the woods: WILD GERANIUMS, WILD SWEET WILLIAMS, GOLDEN RAGWORT, WILD ANISE,
WILD LARKSPURS, and many more carpeting the mountainside. Along with the
sound of the melodious WOOD THRUSH were songs of the EASTEN TOWHEE, NORTHERN
CARDINAL, NORTHERN FLICKER, WHITE-0THROATED SPARROW ( gorgeous male in
breeding plumage), CAROLINA WREN, EASTERN PHOEBE, RED-BELLIED WOODPECKER,
etc. Oh, I heard the HOODED WARBLER a couple of days ago. I think more
warblers will be arriving every day. I will need to make a trip up the
"holler" alongside the creek where the warblers like to be.

Here's wishing the beauty and freshness of Spring pumps up every one.

Cheers,

Joan of Art and Nature (Carr)

Pike Co., South Williamson, KY