[birdky] Re: Injured Hawk

  • From: "Ann Morgan" <aandm@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "birdky" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:38:12 -0600

We got  sad news Friday about the injured Cooper's hawk.  Elaine called Friday
afternoon and said that he died on Wednesday and she had waited for the report
to come back before calling me. The hawk rallied at first and was eating etc,
but then got worse. Turned out that she was badly infected with aspergillosis.
One whole lung was filled with it and she just wasn't getting enough air to
fly. The report identified her as a female Cooper's. Thanks again to all of you
who helped by sending information and special thanks to Katie Wilding and
Elaine Monroe.

                                Ann Morgan

                                Madisonville