[birdky] Hummingbirds at Land Between the Lakes

  • From: RESEARCH Hilton Pond <research@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 09:50:42 -0400

This week we were away from Hilton Pond to conduct workshops and "Hummingbird Mornings" presentations for Woodlands Nature Station at Land Between the Lakes, Kentucky/Tennessee.

We almost hate going there and are very jealous of things we see at the station--as you'll understand after viewing our current "This Week at Hilton Pond" photo essay for 1-7 August 2005. It's posted at http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek050801.html

Please be patient if access is slow; the old server runs at a snail's pace in summer when folks are hitting both our Web sites for hummingbird info.

As always we include lists of birds banded and recaptured at Hilton Pond during the period. There's also a note about how we're progressing with our 2005 hummingbird research.

This weekend (13-14 August) we'll be doing "Hummingbird Mornings" and an Operation RubyThroat/GLOBE training at Fredericksburg VA and Boyds MD. Hope to see you there. (Next weekend we're back in Charlotte NC.) Details at http://www.hiltonpond.org/HummingbirdMornings05Main.html

Happy Nature Watching!

BILL
--

RESEARCH PROGRAM
c/o BILL HILTON JR. Executive Director

Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net):
Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History at http://www.hiltonpond.org
"Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project" at http://www.rubythroat.org

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Visit the Kentucky Ornithological Society
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * BIRDKY List Manager: Gary Ritchison, Richmond, KY