[birdky] Hummingbird Photos

  • From: <foxgladejrts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 11:57:10 -0400

First off, I want to thank everyone who took the time to respond to my
woodpecker id question.  It was determined to be a juvenile red-headed
woodpecker.  I have seen him since then, and his red head feathers look to be
filling in more daily.

This morning was a beautiful blue skied AM, so I thought I would give a go at
photographing some of the hummingbirds that are sharing my feeder.  I brought
the tripod and camera out to the deck, set it up in front of a chair, and
quietly sat.  In no time, they were back at it.  I thought you would enjoy my
efforts.  Note the one juvenile male with the single red feather.  I had to
google him this morning.  It appears he will not have his full compliment until
next year.

http://www.pbase.com/jrtchris/hummingbirds

Enjoy!

Christine Hayden