[birdky] Home feeders

  • From: John Rice <hermit2337@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hermit2337@xxxxxxx, cr4d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, BIRDKY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 09:58:10 -0800 (PST)

Gang, since the new snowfall a new mob has moved in on me for two days.
This is a 50% grackle, 50% redwing blackbird  crowd.
I see gangs like this out in the country, not in town (until now)
They push out the town birds  (cardinals, white-throats, chickadees,
titmice, finches) and vacuum the entire area. When they leave there is nothing
for the townie-birds.
I see about 50 at a time, but there are blackbird mobs at all my neighbors'
feeders too. They are probably just making the rounds.

John Rice, Princeton, Caldwell County.