[birdky] a few notes fromJesamineGorge

  • From: DAWester2@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 10:25:10 EST

Feeders
2 Yellow Rumped Warblers. One has been at the suet feeders for two weeks
the second showed up 2 days ago
17 Cardinals
5 White Throated sparrows
1 Catbird
3 Red Belly woodpeckers
5 downy
2 Hairy
7 White Breasted Nut Hatch
20+ Titmice and Chickadees
4 Blue Jays
2 Carolina Wrens
11 House sparrows
2 Purple Finch

I Gold Finch ( I had 20+ at the feeders in early January but they
disappeared)
I had 6-8 dark eyed Juncos in early January and only one now in the garden
and not at the feeders
Other regulars also missing since January are Field sparrows  and Song
Sparrows, Yellow Bellied Sapsucker and Brown Creeper

I would appreciate any insight to why many of my feeder regulars have left.
 The feeders are kept stocked. I have 3 thistle feeders, 4 suet, 1 Mixed
seed, 1  sunflower feeder plus I put out critter feed on the ground for the
ground  feeders plus  raw peanuts in the shell for the titmice, Blue Jays and
 Red bellied Wood Peckers. I due had several hawks about including a
Peregrine  Falcon (flies over on its way to and from the Ky river Pallisades),
Sparrow  hawks, Coopers, Sharp shinned and Red Tailed hawks.

Doris  Westerman
Figg Lane, Jessamine Gorge
Jessamine County, KY