[birdky] HUMMINGBIRD and others

  • From: "Joan Carr" <joan-of-art@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 13:20:23 -0400

Hi All,

I thought that I caught a glimpse of a RUBY THROATED HUMMINGBIRD yesterday,
but wasn't 100% sure. However this morning when I was having a mid-morning
cup of coffee and a brownie, I definitely saw it at the feeder a mere three
feet from me. It came back and forth several times. Yesterday I saw: YELLOW
THROATED VIREO, BROWN THRASHER, EASTERN PHOEBE, PURPLE MARTINS, ROUGH WINGED
SWALLOW, TREE SPARROWS, WOOD THRUSH, plus the usuals. I heard AN OVENBIRD,
in the woods above my studio. We are in the process of having lots of
babies: RED-BELLIED WOODPECKERS, TITMOPUSE, CAROLINA CHICKADEES, CAROLINS
WREN, AND OTHERS.

Happy birding to all.

Joan of Art and Nature (Carr)

South Williamson, Pike Co.,. KY