[birdky] GBBC

  • From: "Joan Carr" <joan-of-art@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 11:39:32 -0500

Thanks to those of you who encouraged me to have patience with my report of
pine siskins" not being posted on the GBBC. Now they are! It was interesting
to go back over the past few years and to check anomalies of increases and
decreases of certain species. I had noted fewer NORTHERN CARDINALS, JUNCOES,
and WHITE-THROATED SPARROWS in particular at our feeders and on our 60+
acres. I noticed via the GBBC reports that the total numbers of these
species were down at other places in Kentucky. I thought maybe the
multitudes of siskins and finches at our place had deterred the others.
Maybe so, maybe not!

Cheers to all.

Joan Carr

South Williamson, Pike Co., KY