[birdky] Fwd: eBird Report - Spindletop Research Farm, Jan 18, 2015

  • From: Tina Nauman <tinanauman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ASK Freelists <ask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, BIRDKY Freelists <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 20:46:33 -0500

​We went to Spindletop Farm in Lexington for general birding and also to
look for the injured Sandhill Crane.  It appears that it has moved on
(hopefully north).  ​

​Great Horned Owl photo here:​
​​
​http://tinanauman.zenfolio.com/p785081747/e3eb9309e

Spindletop Research Farm, Fayette, US-KY
Jan 18, 2015 9:15 AM - 11:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
6.0 mile(s)
Comments:     Teresa Noel, Tina Nauman, Scott Marsh, Scott's wife and Mike
Norman. Antonio Xeira joined us while we were at the pond.
25 species (+1 other taxa)

Canada Goose  1000
Mallard  70     We could hear gun shots in the distance and most of the
mallards flew away from the pond.
Northern Shoveler  1
Green-winged Teal  4
Redhead  14