[birdky] Re: Fw: Re: Disappearing backyard birds

  • From: "Kathy Nell" <knell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:00:47 -0400

You can extend this concern to Berea in Madison County. I would never have
believed I would have cherries on the tree for so long.
Kathy Nell
Berea, KY

  _____

From: Hargis, David (EPPC DNR DOC) <David.Hargis@xxxxxx>

I live in Frankfort and have had the same problem, I know summer is here and
they are feeding on insects but the population of visitors has hit very low.
I went from filling my feeders every couple of days to once every couple of
weeks. The red-headed woodpecker, the blue jays and the hummingbirds have
completely gone. I have an occasional chickadee or cardinal; the only real
visitors I get are house wrens and house finches.

DAVID M. HARGIS

Checked by AVG.
8:00 AM