[birdky] Finally some activity!

  • From: Ryan Ankeny <ryan.ankeny@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 21:43:06 -0400

The past two months have been the hottest and most boring two months of my life, but today, finally, some reprieve, if not from the hot, at least from the boring. An Osprey was seen today working the ditch area between Melco and the Ford plant. I also made my first and possibly last attempt at identifying a peep. The bird remains at large. However, I was able to ID a Solitary Sandpiper that was probing the mud along with it. Finally, there was a flock of a dozen Horned Larks flitting about, usually I only see tow to three at a time during the summer. It is nice to finally see some movement and different birds at the landfill.

Ryan Ankeny
Louisville, KY