[birdky] Re: FYI: Hurricane Katrina potential and plans

  • From: Mark Monroe <markmonroe1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 08:17:50 -0700 (PDT)

The latest update as of 11 am EST was sustained winds
of 175 mph.  With this storm being such a monster I
would think that there is serious potential to spread
a LOT of birds over a large area, including well away
from the eye, particularly east of the eye.  If the
low pressure center does cross central Kentucky
somewhere as predicted, I'd recommend folks that are
unable to get out for the whole day or go very far
still check smaller local bodies of water on Wednesday
if they have a chance such as Lake Pewee, Lake Reba,
Owsley Fork, Cave Run, Dix Dam, etc.

Mark

--- "Palmer-Ball, Brainard (EPPC OOS KNPC)"