[birdky] FOS purple martin!

  • From: Aviva Yasgur <vivyasgur76@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BirdKY Listserve <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 05:07:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I saw our first purple martin of the season yesterday at the Woodlands Nature
Station in Land Between The Lakes!  We often see these guys a little earlier
than this, but I guess things seem to be a little late this year?  We haven't
seen any osprey on Honker Lake yet either, which we often see by late February
or the first few days of March.

Anyway, it was just one martin so far, a male. Hopefully some of his buddies
will join him soon!

Aviva Yasgur
Woodlands Nature Station, Land Between The Lakes
Trigg/Lyon counties