[birdky] Re: Disappearing backyard birds

  • From: "Hargis, David (EPPC DNR DOC)" <David.Hargis@xxxxxx>
  • To: <JEswindell@xxxxxxx>, <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:13:07 -0400

I live in Frankfort and have had the same problem, I know summer is here
and they are feeding on insects but the population of visitors has hit
very low. I went from filling my feeders every couple of days to once
every couple of weeks. The red-headed woodpecker, the blue jays and the
hummingbirds have completely gone. I have an occasional chickadee or
cardinal; the only real visitors I get are house wrens and house
finches.

DAVID M. HARGIS

PROGRAM COORDINATOR

TRAINING COORDINATOR

SAFETY OFFICER

ENERGY & ENVIRONMENTAL CABINET

DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES

DIVISION OF CONSERVATION

375 VERSAILLES ROAD

FRANKFORT, KY 40601

PHONE 502-573-3080

fax       502-573-1692

david.hargis@xxxxxx <mailto:david.hargis@xxxxxx>

www.conservation.ky.gov <http://www.conservation.ky.gov>

Confidentiality Notice:

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly
sender by e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.