[birdky] Disappearing Act

  • From: Nicole McClure <racehoss00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 06:34:06 -0700 (PDT)

I also will chime in about birds going bye-bye. Then I live in the city limits
of Lexington, I still have had a pretty diverse group of birds. The ones that
REALLY caught my attention of not being around are the Goldfinches. During the
winter, I had ungodly numbers of Goldfinches and bought one of the huge 20 port
Nyjer seed feeders to accommodate them all. Now, I'm lucky to see a pair every
few weeks. The robins love my bird bath, so they are still around. Blue Jays
hang out and keep an eye on the yard for peanuts (I go through 25 lbs every 2
weeks of in-the-shell peanuts between the Jays and the squirrels). Other than
that....it's the normal House Finches and Sparrows and Mourning Doves.

Nicole McClure
UMR- A United Healthcare Company

333 West Vine St.
Suite 500