[birdky] Dewey Lake CBC results

  • From: Troy Evans <chillyweather@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 16:47:42 -0500

Sorry for the delayed report, but we had the Dewey Lake CBC on December the
29th this year.  It was a good day of birding, with sunny warm temperatures for
most of the day.  We had a total of 47 species with 902 individuals (only 2
observers in one party).  Nothing out of the ordinary seen, some of the best
birds included 1 fox sparrow, 1 cooper's hawk chasing pigeons through
Prestonsburg, 6 pied-billed grebes, and a barred owl out hunting about 3:00 in
the afternoon.  Bluebird numbers were pretty consistent with previous counts,
as were all the sparrow species (mostly in areas with lots of multifloral rose
hips).  Misses include house finches, both vultures, and all ducks other than
mallards.

           Troy Evans
            Richmond, KY

i’m is proud to present Cause Effect, a series about real people making a
difference.
http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/MTV/?source=text_Cause_Effect