[birdky] Cradinal loss of head feaathers

  • From: "Robert Morris" <bobmorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY (E-mail)" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:23:34 -0400

I have had a call from a man who has seen a Cardinal with out any feathers
on it head and he was not the first time this has happened. I have had other
calls and have seen this condition in other birds myself. Do any of you know
what causes this? Is it part of the molting process or some disease? Can
anyone help me?
Thanks
Bob Morris
Lexington