[birdky] Clarks River NWR birds of interest

  • From: HapC1@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 20:56:23 EDT

Mississippi Kites are being seen regularly at three different areas of the
refuge.
Little Blue Herons, Great Egrets and Great Blue Herons are foraging in  the
wet fields. Two Louisiana Waterthrush and one American Redstart were  caught in
a net during a bat survey in the Sharpe-Elva area.
At the (MAPS) station (Monitoring Avian Productivity and  Survivorship) we
are into mid season with 4 sessions completed.   Capture are slightly lower
this
year.  Wood Thrush have been  obviously absent in the woods with one netted
this season.  We have  processed 79 birds, 31 were recaptures from previous
years.
I have also noted that Wood Thrush numbers seem down as I've paddled around
Blood River.
Hap
Murray, KY

fuel-efficient used cars.