[birdky] Re: Birds feeding on wild cherry trees

  • From: "Lyneart" <lyneart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lindacraiger@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "birdky" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 07:58:13 -0500

The wild cherry crop is unusually heavy here too. I had not thought about
acorns until receiving Linda's message and had to check. I couldn't find acorns
on any oak tree with limbs low enough to check. All our Sassafras trees are
also without berries this year. Still recuperating from last year's stress,
maybe? The hickory trees do have nuts, and there are beech nuts, persimmons,
mulberries, Rusty Haw berries and hackberries. Maybe wildlife won't starve this
winter.
Frank Lyne frank@xxxxxxxxxxx near Dot in Logan County